Date: November 23, 2013
Prof. P. P. Mujumdar, Prof. M. S. Mohan Kumar, Prof. A. Perumal, Ms. Chandra Rupa, and Ms. Apoorva Shastry, IISc, Bangalore; Dr. Rominus Valsalam and Mr. Abhir Raj Metkar, CDAC Trivandrum; Dr. Umamahesh N., NIT Warangal; K. Srinivasa Raju, BITS Hyderabad; Mr. Mano Poreddy and Mr. Aveek Chatterjee, IBM India; Mr. Ananthswamy, Chief Engineer (SWD), BBMP; Mr. Y. D. Manmohan, STUP consultants; Mr. B. Puttanna, Director, IMD; Mr. V.S.Prakash, KSNDMC; Mr. A. V. Rangesh, Additional Director of Town Planning, BDA.
Conference Hall, Department of Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore.
- Motivation and objectives of the project were discussed.
- Goals to achieve by the project partners in the next 6 months were set up.
- Identification of pilot study
- The catchment from Hulimavu to Madivala to be considered.
- Collection of data available in the catchment. The following people need to be contacted for data
- Mr. Y. D. Manmohan, STUP Consultants
- Mr. Ananthswamy, Chief Engineer (SWD)
- Mr. V S Prakash, Special Director, KSNDMC
- Start modelling studies: Apply SWMM to the catchment
BITS, Hyderabad and NITW
- Conduct a meeting with GHMC, NRSC in Hyderabad.
- Contact Ramana Murthy from APSDPS
- Identify a pilot study area
- Collect data on the pilot area, if pilot is decided
- Collect literature, reports on studies conducted in Hyderabad city
- Modify the syllabus for Urban Flooding course and bring in a management perspective, conduct guest lectures
- Literature study on sensor development
- Sensor development
- To measure unsteady flow
- Triggering of sensor after rainfall intensity crosses a certain threshold
- Identification of blockage in drains
- Data acquisition issues, if the sensor is not wireless
- Specific applications like sheet flow identification and measurement of overland flow contribution
- Wireless sensors (solar powered if possible)
- Work separately with Prof. Asokan
- Look at how different models work in a framework
- Role of IBM will start after data collection